Cincinnati Bell Svc Mgmt Tools Engineer II in Chennai, India
Position : Svc Mgmt Tools Engineer II
Location : Chennai, TN
This position is responsible for executing the Service Management Tools strategy at a technical level. This role reports directly to the Manager of Service Management Tools and is responsible for executing procedures for break/fix repair, change requests, and scheduled maintenance activities. Responsibilities include some development, implementation, and maintenance of strategic monitoring and service management/ticketing tools for CBTS. Key customers for this position include CBTS Managed Services, strategic individual customer programs, and strategic company initiatives.
• Executes the technical direction and focus for service management tools implementation, operation, and maintenance; has an understanding of the vision and translates that into the appropriate technical execution
• Manages systems and/or tools applications while supporting development roadmaps and project tasks
• Actively works with business unit management and decision-makers to execute towards the project backlog, collaborating on establishing business-driven priorities for fixes and enhancements
• Accountable for all system and applications best practices and methodologies including scope and expectations management, requirements management, iterative release management, and testing, quality, and code control
• Accountable for execution of effective systems management and underlying infrastructure of service management platforms; directs efforts to ensure CBTS systems maintain high reliability, acceptable performance, and adequate capacity
• Provides valuable insight and promotes a positive team atmosphere
• Interacts with key vendors and partners as needed to improve the breadth and depth of the service management tools functionality and relevance; additionally, collaborates with providers when appropriate for joint development efforts
• May participate in a pre-sales capacity for strategic customer opportunities
• Provide systems and applications support metrics and respond proactively to trends and performance needs
• Builds and maintains strong working relationships with all levels of CBTS and customer personnel
• Maintains an understanding of CBTS Managed Services Tools & ITSM service offerings and technical capabilities
• Provides input into development of monitoring and service management processes by which CBTS will manage and grow its ability to serve customers
• Makes disciplined use of tracking and reporting vehicles to capture project activities and progress and provides details to clients and CBTS management as needed
• Four years of College resulting in a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• Continuing applied technical education in multiple disciplines
• Network experience – OSI model and Cisco/Juniper/Aruba/Palo Alto a plus
• NetApp/Hitachi Storage systems experience a plus
• Linux/UNIX/AIX/Solaris operating systems experience
• Windows Server operating systems experience
• Project experience - both operational and technical project implementation
• 2 to 5 years of experience
• Exposure to monitoring platforms like LogicMonitor, ScienceLogic SL1, Solarwinds, CA, Nagios, etc.
• Exposure to ITIL-based service management/ticketing systems – ServiceNow, Zendesk, Freshworks, ManageEngine, etc.
• ITIL framework familiarity
• Systems or applications implementation experience
• Work closely with individual programmers, systems analysts, and systems administrators
• Assistance in joint development efforts
CBTS serves enterprise and midmarket clients in all industries across the United States and Canada. CBTS combines deep technical expertise with a full suite of flexible technology solutions--including Application Modernization, Managed Hybrid Cloud, Cybersecurity, Unified Communications, and Infrastructure solutions. From developing and deploying modern applications and the secure, scalable platforms on which they run, to managing, monitoring, and optimizing their operations, CBTS delivers comprehensive technology solutions for its clients' transformative business initiatives. For more information, please visit www.cbts.com .
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran, military status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Due to U.S. Government requirements applicable to foreign-owned telecommunications providers, non-US citizens will be required to submit to an extensive government agency background check which will necessitate disclosure of sensitive Personally Identifiable Information.